If you are planning a trip during this Labor Day weekend, consider the following eco-friendly travel tips:
- Check the air pressure on your car tires and ensure that they are adequately inflated so that your fuel usage is as efficient as possible.
-Remove un-necessary items from your car (e.g. bulky strollers, sports equipment) that you will not use during your travel. Excess weight decreases your fuel efficiency.
- Plan your trip needs in advance and pack entertainment for kids (e.g. books, audio/video entertainment) as well as snacks.
- Consider alternate routes (using google mapquest) so that you can avoid bumper to bumper traffic
- Ensure that your water faucets and electronics are shut off before you leave the house (leave a spare set of keys with a trusted family member in case they did to enter the house in an emergency).
- Speak with the hotel manager to obtain credit for refusing daily towel replacements during your hotel stay.
Safe travels and enjoy th
Eco-friendly activist trying to make more healthy eco-friendly choices for my family.