We attended the festival in the past and enjoy the many festivities! Also, there are multi-recycling bins set up at the festival to minimize waste. In order to make your trip more eco-friendly, please follow the following tips:
- carpool or take the train there, parking will be limited so arrive early
- bring your own shopping bags (when you make a purchase, save the environment and use your own shopping bag)
- enjoy the activities onsite
- regret a previous festival purchase or you want to upgrade? Bring your previously purchased item to the festival and speak with the booth owner, you can most probably work out a deal.
- think twice before you take a free souvenir
- limit a festival map per family or better yet, consider using the large poster display map
- bring your own mug or cup for drink purchases (a number of food/drink stands will be happy to fill your 8, 16 oz, etc. mug or cup and may also offer you a discount for bringing your own mug/cup, just ask!